Mark and Steve produced this episode in response to a PBSE listener's question—
Hi Guys! Would it be possible to talk about entitlement in an episode? I feel like many men struggle with a sense of entitlement for sexual pleasure and/or being "serviced". I know for my husband and many of his friends, the belief is that if they aren't getting it from their wives, they have the right to seek it elsewhere (porn, affairs etc). How does someone work on changing their mindset of entitlement and seeing how it affects a relationship on so many levels?
- How our "culture" over generations has created an "entitlement attitude."
- How we can confuse "sex" and "love" in the marriage relationship.
- "Needing" vs. "Choosing" when it comes to sexual intimacy.
- How the answer to this dilemma can be found in BOUNDARIES.
- As individuals and as a couple, we need to decide what "kind" of sex we desire in our marriage relationship.
- What is "love" in your relationship? How do you define and specifically practice it?
- Is it time to let go of certain "paradigms from the past"?
Find out more about Steve Moore at: Ascension Counseling
Learn more about Mark Kastleman at: Reclaim Counseling Services
Why FULL disclosure is CRITICAL to your Marriage Success: https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/no-more-secrets-in-your-marriage
Learn why his porn addiction and the Betrayal Trauma it brings is NOT YOUR FAULT—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/his-porn-addiction-not-your-fault
How can you "heal" your marriage relationship?—https://www.reclaimcounselingservices.com/how-to-mend-your-marriage